Good health and optimal energy are two important components that are required for an overall development. There are a lot of vitamins and minerals available that are essential for a woman's body. Many a times certain vitamins and minerals prove to be very important for women's health. Ensure that these nutrients are a regular part of your diet :
1. Calcium: Women have more chances of developing week bones, especially as they age. This is why calcium is so very important to build strong bones. Ensure you consume plenty of diary products, fortified juice, yogurt and soy milk are great sources of calcium.
2. Iron: A deficiency in iron can cause anemia - a very common problem among women. Include lean meat like chicken as well as fortified cereals and beans in your diet.
3. Folic acid: While folic acid is very important for pregnant women, it is essential for the rest as well. Experts say that folic acid helps your cells divide and is found in green leafy vegetables, fortified cereal and nuts etc.
4. Protein: An important nutrient in building healthy bones and muscles. Protein acts against or fights germs, breaks down everything that you eat and controls your metabolism. Found in poultry, red meat, fish and nuts, studies say that women require at least 45 grams of protein daily.
5. Vitamin C: What healthy bones and glowing skin require? Make sure you are getting enough vitamin C from your diet. Stock up on red pepper, broccoli and citrus fruits. Drink orange juice at least thrice a week.