Fermentation is a long process that is done for years long. Many of us go for fermenting food items as it increasing the nutritional value of food.
Many opt for fermentation because it helps in increasing the nutritional value of food. It also has several other benefits.
1. Digestion: Fermented foods are easily digestible because of their probiotic content. The process of fermentation helps in making the meal more digestible because it breaks down, hard-to-digest cellulose in food.
2. Rich in enzymes: Body requires enzymes to absorb, digest and to make use of nutrients in one's food. Several ailments might develop in your body as you age and this is the time when the body's supply of enzymes lessens.
3. Detoxification: Fermented foods help in detoxification of the body. The beneficial bacteria in these foods flush out a lot of toxins.
4. Restores the balance of bacteria in the gut: Those suffering from lactose intolerance, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, yeast infections, allergies and asthma can live a healthier lifestyle if they include fermented foods in their diet.
5. Optimizing your immune system: 80 percent of your immune system is found mostly in the region of your gut. In order to develop immune system in your digestive tract, and aid in the production of pathogens.