Bananas are the most healthy fruits. However many of us are unaware of the fact that the peels are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Here are some tips to re-use banana peels.
1. Prepare compost: Banana peels are known to break down quickly and can add several nutrients to the soil. Notice how fast your plants grow after you add peels to the soil.
2. Feed indoor plants: Take a large jar of water and soak a banana peel in it. Combine one part of the resulting banana peel water with five parts of regular water into a watering can in order to fertilize the plants.
3. Eat the peel: Boiling the peel for ten minutes, putting it into a juicer or blending it with other fruits can be extremely nutritional. But make sure you clean the peel to remove all the bacteria beforehand.
4. Heal bruises: Not many know that banana peels can heal bruises. Either rub the banana peel on the bruise or tape it on throughout the night.
5. Polish leather and silver: Rubbing the moist side of the banana peel on your leather shoes can make them shine. You can also blend a peel with water to use it to shine silver.
6. Removal of warts: It is believed that applying banana peel to a wart overnight can help reduce them. Keep applying till they completely go away.
7. Get rid of insects: Gardeners are of the opinion that banana peels control aphids like greenflies, blackflies and whiteflies.