Carbohydrates are important to your health for a number of reasons. In a healthy balanced diet they are the body’s main source of energy. High fibre, starchy carbs release sugar into the blood more slowly than sugary foods and drinks.
Do not excludes carbs completely from your diet. Here are certain options that you could include in your food:
1. Fruits are rich in carbohydrates if you are more into weight loss. Fruits such as pears, apples, etc are very low on glycemic and also consists of metabolic-boosting pectin in them.
2. Vegetables like sweet potatoes have high amount of fibre content in them. They are also rich in beta carotene along with some other vitamins.
3. Your morning oats are carbs that will keep your cholesterol in check and give you a healthier heart. It will give you energy through the day and help in weight loss.
4. A grain rich in fibre, carbs and proteins, quinoa is healthy as well as delicious. The nutty flavour of this grain is great in texture and hence it can be used in main courses as well as salads and appetizers.
5. Starch is a complex carbohydrate, meaning it is made of many sugar units bonded together. Starch occurs naturally in vegetables, grains, and cooked dry beans and peas.